ROUTINE TO INCREASE MUSCLE MASS IN WOMEN
If you are a woman and want to increase your muscle mass, the strategy to achieve this is based on following a proper diet and regular training. Avoiding the consumption of sugars, flours and industrial products is the first key to avoid producing and accumulating fat, as well as increasing the intake of proteins and good fats. Do you know how the keto diet can help you and how to supplement it with a specific exercise that allows you to gain muscle mass? Today we are going to tell you. !
Diet to gain muscle mass for women
However, this explanation is too generic to help you plan your keto diet menus, right? Above all, it is key to bear in mind that you have to eliminate food such as legumes, cereals and their derivatives, sugars, different vegetables and fruits from your diet. So how do you distribute the foods that are allowed on the keto diet?
The most common distribution of nutrients for a weekly keto diet menu is as follows:
- 75-80% fat.
- 20% protein.
- 5% carbohydrates.
There is a popular belief that you must eat a lot of carbohydrates to gain muscle. Error. The keto diet is based on reducing the intake of these types of foods, and not only facilitates fat loss, but it has also been shown to help gain muscle. But do you know what foods you should include? Notice:
Fish. Choose the ones with the most fat to keep the body in ketosis: salmon, anchovies, sardines, trout, cod or sea bass.
Red and white meats. Chicken and turkey breast, beef or pork tenderloin, lamb and beef are the best options to include.
Eggs. It is a superfood that contains a good percentage of good fat and vitamins. Enjoy it!
Some dairy. Options like Greek yogurt, ghee, and some low-protein cheese that don’t contain sugars are a good choice.
Vegetables. All the green leafy ones that grow on the surface are suitable and recommended to gain muscle and keep carbohydrates at bay. Take note: spinach, lettuce, arugula, broccoli, and chard. You can also include fruits such as cucumber, zucchini or pepper in a controlled way.
Nuts. The most recommended are almonds and Brazil nuts and Macadamia.
Oils. Add extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil to your meals, as well as avocado.
Ready-to-eat prepared products, like our keto products. They are delicious and will save you time in your day to day and they.
Take a look at our catalog!
Exercise routine for you, woman
The intensity (progressively increase the weight), the volume (increase the number of repetitions and series) and the frequency, are three variables that you must apply in your workouts so that your muscle grows with your exercises. That is, start out soft and add, for example, a series every week.
To make it easier for you, we have selected for you the ten best exercises to increase muscle mass. You can do them at home or in the gym, but the most important thing is that you be constant and try to dedicate between 20 and 30 minutes to each session, at least 3 days a week. Distribute them to do three or four types of exercises each day and work different muscle groups. It is much more effective!
- Squat It is an effective exercise to gain muscle in the legs, glutes, quadriceps and calves. Begin by squatting in 30-second sets and increase the intensity, performing them on one leg. If you do them with a bar, you will also strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and shoulders.
- Push-ups. Ideal for working buttocks, pectorals and arms. Begin by doing 2 sets of 30 seconds keeping your abdomen contracted.
- Gluteal bridge. Strengthens abs, arms, glutes and shoulders. Start with 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Wall sit (Roman chair). It allows training waist, thighs and buttocks, strengthening quadriceps. Hold the pose for a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 60 seconds, with two repetitions.
- Side plank. Strengthens lateral and oblique abdominals, deltoids and trapezius. Tightens the abdomen in a short time if you practice it frequently. Start with short intervals, focusing on not losing your balance while holding the pose for 30 seconds.
- Bicep curl. To work the biceps, you need dumbbells and perform 10 repetitions in 3 sets.
- Gluteal contractions. Strengthens abs, hips, thighs and glutes. Do 2 or 3 sets of 30 seconds on each side.
- Strides. It allows you to work quadriceps, hamstrings and the gluteus maximus. Do them at a good pace, always keeping your front leg at a 90 degree angle to the ground and your back leg as close to the ground as possible.
- Stair Climbing: Start with 2 sets of 30 seconds going up and down stairs at a good pace.
- Cardio. Set aside 20 minutes 2-3 times a week.