KETO DESSERTS: RECIPE FOR 3 LOW-SUGAR DESSERTS
The keto diet, in addition to reducing weight and fat and increasing muscle mass, helps control blood sugar levels. That’s why many people with type 2 diabetes follow this diet to keep the disease at bay, and even reduce the use of insulin and other diabetes medications.
Today, we’re revealing three delicious, easy-to-prepare, healthy, low-sugar dessert recipes… and they don’t put the keto diet at risk! Plus, if you want to add a sweet touch without the guilt, try our keto products.
1 // Cheesecake, a keto dessert for cheese addicts.
¿Thinking about cheese and your mouth is watering? Don’t give up on a delicious, guilt-free cheesecake. Take note:
- 1 egg.
- 100 grams of egg whites.
- 350 grams of cream cheese (choose a cheese made with milk, cream or ferments that does not contain starch or gelatine).
- 150 grams of natural skyr or Greek yoghurt.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or lemon zest.
- Half a teaspoon of liquid sweetener (suitable for cooking).
- 25 grams of oat flour.
- 25 grams of ground almonds.
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Keto Protein strawberry spread.
Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Then line a baking tin with baking paper and grease the edges of the paper with oil or butter and set aside.
Let’s get started!
- Use a whisk to mix the egg and egg whites for a couple of minutes, until frothy. Add the cheese, yoghurt, vanilla or lemon and sweetener and whisk it all.
- Add the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Whisk on low speed until you have a smooth, liquid and slightly thick but not lumpy dough.
- Pour carefully into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours before unmoulding.
- Once you take it out of the fridge, it’s ready to dig in, but if you want to get the most out of this recipe, pair it with Orange Keto Spread if you love citrus flavours, and don’t miss out with Apricot Keto Spread if you’re more of a sweet tooth, as well as our spectacular Choco Cream Keto Protein… Deliciously delicious!
2 //Avocado truffles, a keto dessert with the microwave
Can you imagine enjoying a slightly bitter chocolate that you can make in a jiffy with literally four ingredients and you can keep it in the fridge? Stop imagining, all you need is:
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 80 grams of Keto Protein dark chocolate.
- 2 teaspoons butter.
- Cocoa powder.
With 12 minutes of your time and 45 minutes of resting time, you will have this dessert, also suitable for diabetics. Put your apron on!
- Pour the Keto Protein dark chocolate and butter into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in three one-minute series to melt the mixture. Set aside.
- Cut open the avocado, scoop out all the flesh with a spoon and mash with a fork until creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the avocado pulp and mix until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the mixture from the freezer and, using a spoon and your hands, roll the mixture into small balls. Roll them in the cocoa powder and… Mmmmm!
3 // Keto ice cream, the most refreshing dessert, suitable for diabetics!
The easiest, quickest and freshest of all keto desserts – ready to shake, freeze and serve? Check the ingredients:
- 120 ml whipping cream.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener (xylitol, erythritol or stevia).
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Keto Protein spread according to taste. You can check our catalogue and see all available flavours.
Now comes the fun part! Just 3 steps to make it:
- Put all the ingredients in a jar (choose one that leaves enough space to properly shake its content) when you shake it in step 2. It is important that it has a lid and closes tightly.
- Put the lid on and shake vigorously for at least 5 minutes. Then add small blocks of your favourite flavour of Keto Protein Spread with a teaspoon to make your ice cream chunky.
- Put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours. When you’re ready to enjoy it, you can add a little Keto Protein Spread – freshhhhh!
Did you think that enjoying a keto dessert, also suitable for diabetics, delicious, easy and quick to make, was impossible? Now that you know, all you have to do is choose which one to try first and… enjoy!